Friday, March 15, 2013

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Quinn got his eye exam yesterday.
We were(for once) actually the first patient of the day, so we had to get there at 5:30 in the morning. I think we actually showed up at 5:45 due to my waking up at 5:19. Can you imagine the heart attack I had? Well, he went back a little before 7:30. They did his eye exam, and lasered the tumor in his eyes.

For the update. The doctor told us good news. For once. The smaller tumor in his left eye has seemed to completely vanish. The larger one has gone down by 30%, and there are no new tumors. The only thing bad that's happening(which may not even be a bad thing) is one of the suture's in his right eye that holds down the implant is sticking out.
Copyright www.clinicalondon.co.uk - Just an idea of what I'm talking about. Orbital Implant after enucleation.

By now, she was hoping that it would all be buried. However, the rest of it looks fine. All that this means is that there's a chance he could get an infection, or need more surgeries to correct it. Also, this will make him be a bit delayed with getting a prosthetic. Like I said though; that's fine given what we've been going through.

Now back onto the topic of chemo and everything. Well, due to how quickly everything is shrinking there's a chance we won't need all 6 months of chemo! Can you believe that?! We might only need a few! I would be so happy. I mean, we've been going through this for a month or so now, having to deal with the up's and down's, and wondering what was going to happen next. Hoping that we could just rewind, go back, and redo everything. But this is giving us hope!
Later on in the day after chemo. Poor swollen baby.

Today, after his second set of chemo.
Before surgery, early in the morning with a tired mommy.


As for me, I'm exhausted. I am always exhausted. Quinn is honestly like a newborn baby lately with how he sleeps. IE he really doesn't. I'm glad he's doing well, but sometimes this momma just wants a break away from life. There's times where I just wish he was a normal baby, with no issues, no chemo, and nothing. I would love for it to be easy. I'm gradually accepting that fact that it won't be that way for a little bit. Accepting that there's a chance he could get cancers elsewhere but I can't keep thinking like that. I can't keep going that direction. I need to live right now, not in the future.

So I'm doing the best I can.
But hoping this is the end.
Not holding my breath though.

No comments:

Post a Comment